Thursday, April 15, 2010

FICO & Short Sales

The FICO, has become a symbol of credit worthiness. Scores can range from 300-850 and is a statistical calculation which is based upon payment history (35%), credit utilization (30%), length of history (15%), credit type (10%), and recent credit checks (10%). Items stick around for seven years; bankruptcy for ten. Maxing out a card, a 30-day late payment, debt settlement, foreclosure (150 point ding) or bankruptcy (150-200 point hit) all negatively impact FICO. Those wondering whether or not a short sale hurts your credit score as much as a foreclosure, and apparently it depends on whether the borrower stays current on their payments and how the lender reports the sale (try for "debt repaid in full or settled or settled for less than balance").

1 comment:

Anya said...

Hello,

I am Anya Bennett a financial writer. I write on several finance related topics like debt, loans, insurance, investment and so on. I came across your blog while surfing through the internet to find a suitable blog for writing articles. It is highly resourceful with rich and nice contents and has a vivid presentation. I must appreciate your hard work and wish you good luck.

I was wondering if you can allow me to write for your blog. I assure you to provide you an absolutely unique but relevant article so that it proves to be useful to your readers. I wish you consider this proposal and will wait for a reply from you.

If you are displeased with my email, I cordially regret in advance.

My Kind Regards,
Anya Bennett.
Email ID: anya.bennet@gmail.com